May 12, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
After Josh Hamilton improved his batting average to .407 and clubbed his 16th and 17th home runs of the season last night against the Angels, Athletics’ right-hander Brandon McCarthy took to Twitter to ponder one of life’s greatest mysteries. Or at least the greatest mystery of the moment for major league pitchers.
Siri, how do you get Josh Hamilton out?—
Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) May 12, 2012
Well played. We won’t have to wait long to find out if McCarthy got any answers. He currently lines up to face the Rangers next week.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)