May 12, 2012, 1:01 PM EST
After Josh Hamilton improved his batting average to .407 and clubbed his 16th and 17th home runs of the season last night against the Angels, Athletics’ right-hander Brandon McCarthy took to Twitter to ponder one of life’s greatest mysteries. Or at least the greatest mystery of the moment for major league pitchers.
Siri, how do you get Josh Hamilton out?—
Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) May 12, 2012
Well played. We won’t have to wait long to find out if McCarthy got any answers. He currently lines up to face the Rangers next week.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 3
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 49
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)