Tweet of the Day: Brandon McCarthy seeks answers on Josh Hamilton

May 12, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT

After Josh Hamilton improved his batting average to .407 and clubbed his 16th and 17th home runs of the season last night against the Angels, Athletics’ right-hander Brandon McCarthy took to Twitter to ponder one of life’s greatest mysteries. Or at least the greatest mystery of the moment for major league pitchers.

Well played. We won’t have to wait long to find out if McCarthy got any answers. He currently lines up to face the Rangers next week.

1. giselleisasucubus - May 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I could be wrong, but isn’t Hamilton in a contract year? Dude is going to get some BIG offers if he hits the market.

2. bigleagues - May 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

SIRI: Josh Hamilton can swing a bat at 115 MPH. Your Fastball averages 91.5 MPH. You cannot get Josh Hamilton out.

BM: C’mon Siri, I pay you to give me answers. There must be some way.

SIRI: There is one way. Seek out a man named Syd Finch and learn to throw 116 MPH. I hope this helps.

BM: Siri – Go F$%# the docking station you rode in on.

SIRI: I will go F$%# my docking station . . . but you still will not get Josh Hamilton out. He is like the iPhone of baseball players. Slightly flawed but always comes out on top.

• steelersfan1983 - May 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

This is great lol

3. jlovenotjlo - May 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4KV0I0p-E&feature=pyv

4. randygnyc - May 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I’m sorry, but that’s just too funny. Bet Siri didn’t answer.

• stac266 - May 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Absolutely. Love it.

5. mungman69 - May 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM

By the time I write this Josh Hamilton will have probably hit his 18th home run.

• jrd8523 - May 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM

The headline article of this website declared that had happened 20 minutes before you entered the prediction business.

6. aceshigh11 - May 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

From Alien (1979):

(McCarthy as Ellen Ripley, and Siri and the android, Ash)

McCarthy: How do we get it out, it Siri? There’s gotta be a way of getting it out. How? How do we do it?
    Siri: You can’t.
    Parker: That’s bullshit.
    Siri: You still don’t understand what you’re dealing with, do you? The perfect hitting organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility towards a baseball.
    Lambert: You admire it.
    Siri: I admire its purity. A survivor… unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
    Parker: Look, I am… I’ve heard enough of this, and I’m asking you to pull the plug.
    Siri: [McCarthy goes to disconnect Siri, who interrupts] Last word.
    McCarthy: What?
    Siri: I can’t lie to you about your chances, but…you have my sympathies.

• bigleagues - May 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

EXCELLENT!

7. ptfu - May 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Intentional walk and practice your pickoff move?

8. alexo0 - May 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

My guess is that McCarthy does not receive the wisdom from his iPhone that he seeks and ends up giving up 2 more homers to Hamilton. McCarthy will then tweet something amusing about it which the press will eat up, thus letting McCarthy off the hook for giving up the bombs in the first place. And that is the real genius of Brandon McCarthy.

Don't count out the Yankees just yet
  1. R. Castillo (4759)