May 13, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Lance Lynn is unbeaten no longer. He gave up three runs in six innings to take a loss Sunday as the Braves completed a three-game sweep in St. Louis.
Lynn had been 6-0 with a 1.40 ERA this season. He was the first Cardinals starter to win his first six starts of the season since Matt Morris won eight in a row to begin 2005.
The Cardinals honored Chipper Jones before the game, presenting him with a framed photograph and a Cardinals jersey signed by Stan Musial in a pregame ceremony. Jones didn’t start the game, but he got a nice ovation before striking out as a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 34
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)