May 13, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Lance Lynn is unbeaten no longer. He gave up three runs in six innings to take a loss Sunday as the Braves completed a three-game sweep in St. Louis.
Lynn had been 6-0 with a 1.40 ERA this season. He was the first Cardinals starter to win his first six starts of the season since Matt Morris won eight in a row to begin 2005.
The Cardinals honored Chipper Jones before the game, presenting him with a framed photograph and a Cardinals jersey signed by Stan Musial in a pregame ceremony. Jones didn’t start the game, but he got a nice ovation before striking out as a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)