May 13, 2012, 5:56 PM EST
Cardinals starter Lance Lynn is unbeaten no longer. He gave up three runs in six innings to take a loss Sunday as the Braves completed a three-game sweep in St. Louis.
Lynn had been 6-0 with a 1.40 ERA this season. He was the first Cardinals starter to win his first six starts of the season since Matt Morris won eight in a row to begin 2005.
The Cardinals honored Chipper Jones before the game, presenting him with a framed photograph and a Cardinals jersey signed by Stan Musial in a pregame ceremony. Jones didn’t start the game, but he got a nice ovation before striking out as a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)