May 13, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Cardinals starter Lance Lynn is unbeaten no longer. He gave up three runs in six innings to take a loss Sunday as the Braves completed a three-game sweep in St. Louis.
Lynn had been 6-0 with a 1.40 ERA this season. He was the first Cardinals starter to win his first six starts of the season since Matt Morris won eight in a row to begin 2005.
The Cardinals honored Chipper Jones before the game, presenting him with a framed photograph and a Cardinals jersey signed by Stan Musial in a pregame ceremony. Jones didn’t start the game, but he got a nice ovation before striking out as a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)