May 13, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
From B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest comes word that the Cardinals have activated first baseman Lance Berkman from the 15-day DL and are hitting him fifth in Sunday’s series-finale against the Braves.
Diminutive outfielder Shane Robinson was optioned to Triple-A Memphis in a corresponding roster move.
Berkman, who was sidelined for around three weeks with a left calf strain, had a superb .348/.500/.522 batting line with two doubles, six walks, two RBI and six runs scored through his first 30 plate appearances this season.
The Cardinals, currently leading the NL Central with a 20-13 record, are looking to avoid a sweep on Sunday.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 8
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 6
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles