May 13, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
From B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest comes word that the Cardinals have activated first baseman Lance Berkman from the 15-day DL and are hitting him fifth in Sunday’s series-finale against the Braves.
Diminutive outfielder Shane Robinson was optioned to Triple-A Memphis in a corresponding roster move.
Berkman, who was sidelined for around three weeks with a left calf strain, had a superb .348/.500/.522 batting line with two doubles, six walks, two RBI and six runs scored through his first 30 plate appearances this season.
The Cardinals, currently leading the NL Central with a 20-13 record, are looking to avoid a sweep on Sunday.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)