May 13, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
From B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest comes word that the Cardinals have activated first baseman Lance Berkman from the 15-day DL and are hitting him fifth in Sunday’s series-finale against the Braves.
Diminutive outfielder Shane Robinson was optioned to Triple-A Memphis in a corresponding roster move.
Berkman, who was sidelined for around three weeks with a left calf strain, had a superb .348/.500/.522 batting line with two doubles, six walks, two RBI and six runs scored through his first 30 plate appearances this season.
The Cardinals, currently leading the NL Central with a 20-13 record, are looking to avoid a sweep on Sunday.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)