May 13, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
From B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest comes word that the Cardinals have activated first baseman Lance Berkman from the 15-day DL and are hitting him fifth in Sunday’s series-finale against the Braves.
Diminutive outfielder Shane Robinson was optioned to Triple-A Memphis in a corresponding roster move.
Berkman, who was sidelined for around three weeks with a left calf strain, had a superb .348/.500/.522 batting line with two doubles, six walks, two RBI and six runs scored through his first 30 plate appearances this season.
The Cardinals, currently leading the NL Central with a 20-13 record, are looking to avoid a sweep on Sunday.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)