May 13, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
The right-hander, who had Tommy John surgery on his right elbow in June 2011, is scheduled to start for the PawSox on May 17 and May 22 before his rehab assignment expires on May 23.
If all goes well in those final two Triple-A outings, Matsuzaka should be cleared to join Boston’s starting rotation during the final week of May.
The 31-year-old registered an ugly 5.30 ERA and 1.47 WHIP in 37 1/3 innings last season for the Red Sox before going under the knife in early-June. He owns a 4.25 career ERA in over 622 major league frames.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)