May 13, 2012, 8:39 PM EST
Let’s see Josh Hamilton match this one.
It was just the second homer to a left-handed batter allowed by Rodriguez in 112 2/3 career innings. He entered the day with a 2.45 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 14 2/3 innings this season.
Votto, on the other hand, was suffering from a serious power outage this season. The 2010 NL MVP had homered just twice in 108 at-bats, though he did have 15 doubles. It was certainly only a matter of time before he started clearing some fences, but three in one day was rather unexpected. It was his second career three-homer game, as well as his second career grand slam and third career walkoff homer.
The comeback today prevented the Reds from being swept at home. They’re one game over .500 at 17-16 for the season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)