May 13, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Kemp grounded out to end the bottom of the third inning and was seen talking to the trainer before being replaced by Bobby Abreu to start the fourth, with Tony Gwynn Jr. moving from left field to center. Kemp was starting a sixth straight game today after being held out of the lineup last Sunday with the hamstring injury.
Ethier and manager Don Mattingly were both tossed in the fifth inning. He was okay after initially arguing the called strike three for the second out of the frame, but after starting to go to the dugout, he decided he had a few more things to say, earning him the thumb. Mattingly was tossed after arguing on Ethier’s behalf.
Scott Van Slyke replaced Ethier in right field with the Dodgers up 8-4 after five.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)