May 13, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Kemp grounded out to end the bottom of the third inning and was seen talking to the trainer before being replaced by Bobby Abreu to start the fourth, with Tony Gwynn Jr. moving from left field to center. Kemp was starting a sixth straight game today after being held out of the lineup last Sunday with the hamstring injury.
Ethier and manager Don Mattingly were both tossed in the fifth inning. He was okay after initially arguing the called strike three for the second out of the frame, but after starting to go to the dugout, he decided he had a few more things to say, earning him the thumb. Mattingly was tossed after arguing on Ethier’s behalf.
Scott Van Slyke replaced Ethier in right field with the Dodgers up 8-4 after five.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)