May 13, 2012, 6:18 PM EST
Kemp grounded out to end the bottom of the third inning and was seen talking to the trainer before being replaced by Bobby Abreu to start the fourth, with Tony Gwynn Jr. moving from left field to center. Kemp was starting a sixth straight game today after being held out of the lineup last Sunday with the hamstring injury.
Ethier and manager Don Mattingly were both tossed in the fifth inning. He was okay after initially arguing the called strike three for the second out of the frame, but after starting to go to the dugout, he decided he had a few more things to say, earning him the thumb. Mattingly was tossed after arguing on Ethier’s behalf.
Scott Van Slyke replaced Ethier in right field with the Dodgers up 8-4 after five.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 10
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 71
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)