May 14, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
J.C. Romero coughed up multiple runs Saturday for the third straight appearance and he won’t get a chance to snap that streak with the Cardinals, as they released the veteran left-hander this morning.
Romero, who was signed to a one-year, $750,000 deal in December, finishes his time in St. Louis with a 10.13 ERA and .368 opponents’ batting average in 11 appearances.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount in the past few seasons and his inability to consistently throw strikes or retire right-handed hitters really limits his role to left-handed specialist. And at age 36 even that might be too much responsibility.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 4
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?