May 14, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
According to a report by Providence’s NBC 10, Rhode Island state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios, the video game company owned by Curt Schilling.
“We’re always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that’s what we’re doing with 38 Studios,” Governor Lincoln Chafee said.
38 Studios was originally Massachusetts based, but Rhode Island lured the company in 2010 with a $75 million loan guarantee.
38 Studios declined to comment on the report. The company released it’s first game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, in February to solid reviews. It’s currently at work on a MMO called Copernicus.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 7
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (197)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)