May 14, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
According to a report by Providence’s NBC 10, Rhode Island state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios, the video game company owned by Curt Schilling.
“We’re always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that’s what we’re doing with 38 Studios,” Governor Lincoln Chafee said.
38 Studios was originally Massachusetts based, but Rhode Island lured the company in 2010 with a $75 million loan guarantee.
38 Studios declined to comment on the report. The company released it’s first game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, in February to solid reviews. It’s currently at work on a MMO called Copernicus.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)