May 14, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
According to a report by Providence’s NBC 10, Rhode Island state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios, the video game company owned by Curt Schilling.
“We’re always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that’s what we’re doing with 38 Studios,” Governor Lincoln Chafee said.
38 Studios was originally Massachusetts based, but Rhode Island lured the company in 2010 with a $75 million loan guarantee.
38 Studios declined to comment on the report. The company released it’s first game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, in February to solid reviews. It’s currently at work on a MMO called Copernicus.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 142
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (145)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)