May 14, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
According to a report by Providence’s NBC 10, Rhode Island state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios, the video game company owned by Curt Schilling.
“We’re always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that’s what we’re doing with 38 Studios,” Governor Lincoln Chafee said.
38 Studios was originally Massachusetts based, but Rhode Island lured the company in 2010 with a $75 million loan guarantee.
38 Studios declined to comment on the report. The company released it’s first game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, in February to solid reviews. It’s currently at work on a MMO called Copernicus.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)