May 14, 2012, 6:55 PM EST
According to a report by Providence’s NBC 10, Rhode Island state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios, the video game company owned by Curt Schilling.
“We’re always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that’s what we’re doing with 38 Studios,” Governor Lincoln Chafee said.
38 Studios was originally Massachusetts based, but Rhode Island lured the company in 2010 with a $75 million loan guarantee.
38 Studios declined to comment on the report. The company released it’s first game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, in February to solid reviews. It’s currently at work on a MMO called Copernicus.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)