May 14, 2012, 7:45 PM EST
The Rays placed outfielder Desmond Jennings on the 15-day disabled list before tonight’s game with a left knee sprain and recalled utility man Stephen Vogt from Triple-A Durham.
Jennings hasn’t started since last Sunday due to the injury, but since he made a pinch-hit appearance on Friday, he will not be eligible to return until May 27. Of course, given that his knee hasn’t improved over the past few days, the prolonged period of rest might be the best thing for him in the long term.
Jennings, 25, is hitting .265/.333/.398 with three homers, 11 RBI, eight stolen bases, 20 runs scored and a .732 OPS in 31 games this season.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 0
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)