May 14, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
This is a tough day to be a 35-year-old reliever who can’t throw strikes.
MacDougal had a nice-looking 2.05 ERA in 69 appearances for Los Angeles last season, but it came along with a 41/29 K/BB ratio in 57 innings that suggested he was more lucky than good. He allowed five runs in 5.2 innings this season before the Dodgers decided to cut bait.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)