May 14, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
T.J. Simers will have a conference call with the Dodgers new owners today. Simers reminds us that he makes a quick assessment of new Dodgers officials, having pegged McCourt for a loser as soon as he took over. He was equally quick to judge Paul DePodesta and a host of other new Dodgers folks over the years, so you can be sure, he tells us, that he’s going to assess the cut of their jibs with a quickness.
Sometimes even before he talks to them:
Call me skeptical, as I was when the McCourts arrived, but I don’t think the new owners have done a good job since taking over.
They’ve been on the job for about two weeks.
- No-hitter watch: Aaron Harang has no-hit the Mets through seven innings 0
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)