May 14, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
T.J. Simers will have a conference call with the Dodgers new owners today. Simers reminds us that he makes a quick assessment of new Dodgers officials, having pegged McCourt for a loser as soon as he took over. He was equally quick to judge Paul DePodesta and a host of other new Dodgers folks over the years, so you can be sure, he tells us, that he’s going to assess the cut of their jibs with a quickness.
Sometimes even before he talks to them:
Call me skeptical, as I was when the McCourts arrived, but I don’t think the new owners have done a good job since taking over.
They’ve been on the job for about two weeks.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (188)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (139)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)