May 14, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
T.J. Simers will have a conference call with the Dodgers new owners today. Simers reminds us that he makes a quick assessment of new Dodgers officials, having pegged McCourt for a loser as soon as he took over. He was equally quick to judge Paul DePodesta and a host of other new Dodgers folks over the years, so you can be sure, he tells us, that he’s going to assess the cut of their jibs with a quickness.
Sometimes even before he talks to them:
Call me skeptical, as I was when the McCourts arrived, but I don’t think the new owners have done a good job since taking over.
They’ve been on the job for about two weeks.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)