May 14, 2012, 1:05 PM EST
T.J. Simers will have a conference call with the Dodgers new owners today. Simers reminds us that he makes a quick assessment of new Dodgers officials, having pegged McCourt for a loser as soon as he took over. He was equally quick to judge Paul DePodesta and a host of other new Dodgers folks over the years, so you can be sure, he tells us, that he’s going to assess the cut of their jibs with a quickness.
Sometimes even before he talks to them:
Call me skeptical, as I was when the McCourts arrived, but I don’t think the new owners have done a good job since taking over.
They’ve been on the job for about two weeks.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)