May 14, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
Ivan Nova was removed from Monday’s game in the sixth inning with a sprained right ankle.
Nova was hurt fielding a tapper near the mound and limped off the field afterwards. He was previously hit in the right foot by a Nick Markakis comebacker in the third, but the incident in the sixth was a new injury.
Nova was charged with five runs in 5 1/3 innings before departing. The Orioles snapped his 15-game winning streak by beating him 5-0 on May 2, but he won’t be involved in the decision tonight after leaving a 5-5 tie.
If Nova needs to miss his next start, Freddy Garcia, who has been relegated to mop-up duties since losing his rotation spot at the beginning of the month, could get the call in his place.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)