May 14, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
Given his struggles in May, it seems like Matt Kemp‘s hamstring is bugging him. Which makes his bravado from yesterday in which he said there’s no way he’s hitting the disabled list a bit troubling. With the team doing well, now would be a great time for him to take a break, get healthy and come back at 100% for the bulk of the season.
But obviously Matt Kemp doesn’t listen to what I say. Will he, however, listen to what team’s owner says?
@TheRealMattKemp should rest his hamstring & get back 100% healthy.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 14, 2012
Even if he is right, it’s interesting to see the new owner making a public statement like this. And really: how awesome would it be if Magic began to routinely tweet his views about the day-to-day operations of the team?
- “Don Mattingly should hit and run here.”
- “Clayton Kershaw should probably keep the ball down and away against this guy.”
- “A.J. Ellis probably needs to mix up his signs with a runner on second base.”
He could be a more telegenic and amiable Steinbrenner.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 5
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 8
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)