May 14, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
Given his struggles in May, it seems like Matt Kemp‘s hamstring is bugging him. Which makes his bravado from yesterday in which he said there’s no way he’s hitting the disabled list a bit troubling. With the team doing well, now would be a great time for him to take a break, get healthy and come back at 100% for the bulk of the season.
But obviously Matt Kemp doesn’t listen to what I say. Will he, however, listen to what team’s owner says?
@TheRealMattKemp should rest his hamstring & get back 100% healthy.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 14, 2012
Even if he is right, it’s interesting to see the new owner making a public statement like this. And really: how awesome would it be if Magic began to routinely tweet his views about the day-to-day operations of the team?
- “Don Mattingly should hit and run here.”
- “Clayton Kershaw should probably keep the ball down and away against this guy.”
- “A.J. Ellis probably needs to mix up his signs with a runner on second base.”
He could be a more telegenic and amiable Steinbrenner.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 85
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)