May 14, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
Given his struggles in May, it seems like Matt Kemp‘s hamstring is bugging him. Which makes his bravado from yesterday in which he said there’s no way he’s hitting the disabled list a bit troubling. With the team doing well, now would be a great time for him to take a break, get healthy and come back at 100% for the bulk of the season.
But obviously Matt Kemp doesn’t listen to what I say. Will he, however, listen to what team’s owner says?
@TheRealMattKemp should rest his hamstring & get back 100% healthy.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 14, 2012
Even if he is right, it’s interesting to see the new owner making a public statement like this. And really: how awesome would it be if Magic began to routinely tweet his views about the day-to-day operations of the team?
- “Don Mattingly should hit and run here.”
- “Clayton Kershaw should probably keep the ball down and away against this guy.”
- “A.J. Ellis probably needs to mix up his signs with a runner on second base.”
He could be a more telegenic and amiable Steinbrenner.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)