May 14, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
Given his struggles in May, it seems like Matt Kemp‘s hamstring is bugging him. Which makes his bravado from yesterday in which he said there’s no way he’s hitting the disabled list a bit troubling. With the team doing well, now would be a great time for him to take a break, get healthy and come back at 100% for the bulk of the season.
But obviously Matt Kemp doesn’t listen to what I say. Will he, however, listen to what team’s owner says?
@TheRealMattKemp should rest his hamstring & get back 100% healthy.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 14, 2012
Even if he is right, it’s interesting to see the new owner making a public statement like this. And really: how awesome would it be if Magic began to routinely tweet his views about the day-to-day operations of the team?
- “Don Mattingly should hit and run here.”
- “Clayton Kershaw should probably keep the ball down and away against this guy.”
- “A.J. Ellis probably needs to mix up his signs with a runner on second base.”
He could be a more telegenic and amiable Steinbrenner.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)