May 14, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
Given his struggles in May, it seems like Matt Kemp‘s hamstring is bugging him. Which makes his bravado from yesterday in which he said there’s no way he’s hitting the disabled list a bit troubling. With the team doing well, now would be a great time for him to take a break, get healthy and come back at 100% for the bulk of the season.
But obviously Matt Kemp doesn’t listen to what I say. Will he, however, listen to what team’s owner says?
@TheRealMattKemp should rest his hamstring & get back 100% healthy.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) May 14, 2012
Even if he is right, it’s interesting to see the new owner making a public statement like this. And really: how awesome would it be if Magic began to routinely tweet his views about the day-to-day operations of the team?
- “Don Mattingly should hit and run here.”
- “Clayton Kershaw should probably keep the ball down and away against this guy.”
- “A.J. Ellis probably needs to mix up his signs with a runner on second base.”
He could be a more telegenic and amiable Steinbrenner.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15