May 14, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Kemp has already insisted that he will not need a stint on the disabled list, but he figures to miss the next couple of days. Assuming he doesn’t make a pinch hit appearance tonight against the Diamondbacks, his current MLB-high streak of 399 consecutive games played will come to an end. Prince Fielder entered tonight’s action second to Kemp with 215 consecutive games played.
Kemp, 27, is batting .359/.446/.726 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.173 OPS over 139 plate appearances this season. However, he is hitless over his last four games.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 0
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 10
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)