May 14, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Kemp has already insisted that he will not need a stint on the disabled list, but he figures to miss the next couple of days. Assuming he doesn’t make a pinch hit appearance tonight against the Diamondbacks, his current MLB-high streak of 399 consecutive games played will come to an end. Prince Fielder entered tonight’s action second to Kemp with 215 consecutive games played.
Kemp, 27, is batting .359/.446/.726 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.173 OPS over 139 plate appearances this season. However, he is hitless over his last four games.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)