May 14, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
Kemp has already insisted that he will not need a stint on the disabled list, but he figures to miss the next couple of days. Assuming he doesn’t make a pinch hit appearance tonight against the Diamondbacks, his current MLB-high streak of 399 consecutive games played will come to an end. Prince Fielder entered tonight’s action second to Kemp with 215 consecutive games played.
Kemp, 27, is batting .359/.446/.726 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.173 OPS over 139 plate appearances this season. However, he is hitless over his last four games.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 2
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 18
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 15
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 144
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)