May 14, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
Kemp has already insisted that he will not need a stint on the disabled list, but he figures to miss the next couple of days. Assuming he doesn’t make a pinch hit appearance tonight against the Diamondbacks, his current MLB-high streak of 399 consecutive games played will come to an end. Prince Fielder entered tonight’s action second to Kemp with 215 consecutive games played.
Kemp, 27, is batting .359/.446/.726 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.173 OPS over 139 plate appearances this season. However, he is hitless over his last four games.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)