May 14, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Kemp has already insisted that he will not need a stint on the disabled list, but he figures to miss the next couple of days. Assuming he doesn’t make a pinch hit appearance tonight against the Diamondbacks, his current MLB-high streak of 399 consecutive games played will come to an end. Prince Fielder entered tonight’s action second to Kemp with 215 consecutive games played.
Kemp, 27, is batting .359/.446/.726 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.173 OPS over 139 plate appearances this season. However, he is hitless over his last four games.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)