May 14, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
There have been some rumblings of contract talks between Wright and the Mets, but nothing concrete has been reported. Lots of “the Mets really like, Wright and want him to be the face of the franchise” stuff. Like a boy saying he likes a girl, maybe like-likes her, but hasn’t asked her out.
Maybe it’s been a matter of the Mets getting their financial house in order. Maybe it’s been the Mets watching Wright blister the ball so far this year. Their great-but-somehow-still-underrated third basemen is only hitting .400/.489/.591 on the season while playing in 31 of 35 games.
So now maybe they’ll have the courage to ask him out.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)