May 14, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
There have been some rumblings of contract talks between Wright and the Mets, but nothing concrete has been reported. Lots of “the Mets really like, Wright and want him to be the face of the franchise” stuff. Like a boy saying he likes a girl, maybe like-likes her, but hasn’t asked her out.
Maybe it’s been a matter of the Mets getting their financial house in order. Maybe it’s been the Mets watching Wright blister the ball so far this year. Their great-but-somehow-still-underrated third basemen is only hitting .400/.489/.591 on the season while playing in 31 of 35 games.
So now maybe they’ll have the courage to ask him out.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 98
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (98)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)