May 14, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
There have been some rumblings of contract talks between Wright and the Mets, but nothing concrete has been reported. Lots of “the Mets really like, Wright and want him to be the face of the franchise” stuff. Like a boy saying he likes a girl, maybe like-likes her, but hasn’t asked her out.
Maybe it’s been a matter of the Mets getting their financial house in order. Maybe it’s been the Mets watching Wright blister the ball so far this year. Their great-but-somehow-still-underrated third basemen is only hitting .400/.489/.591 on the season while playing in 31 of 35 games.
So now maybe they’ll have the courage to ask him out.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)