May 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
MacDougal’s shiny 2.05 ERA last season masked unimpressive secondary numbers and he’s always struggled to consistently throw strikes, but for a minor-league deal he’s still worth a flier at age 35.
He allowed five runs in 5.2 innings for the Dodgers prior to being released, with more walks (6) than strikeouts (4), and hasn’t been healthy and effective in back-to-back seasons since 2005/2006.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 47
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)