May 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
MacDougal’s shiny 2.05 ERA last season masked unimpressive secondary numbers and he’s always struggled to consistently throw strikes, but for a minor-league deal he’s still worth a flier at age 35.
He allowed five runs in 5.2 innings for the Dodgers prior to being released, with more walks (6) than strikeouts (4), and hasn’t been healthy and effective in back-to-back seasons since 2005/2006.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 9
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (69)