May 15, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
MacDougal’s shiny 2.05 ERA last season masked unimpressive secondary numbers and he’s always struggled to consistently throw strikes, but for a minor-league deal he’s still worth a flier at age 35.
He allowed five runs in 5.2 innings for the Dodgers prior to being released, with more walks (6) than strikeouts (4), and hasn’t been healthy and effective in back-to-back seasons since 2005/2006.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (294)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)