May 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
“I still have utmost confidence in Henry,” Johnson said after the game. “That was his third day in a row going and he threw a lot of pitches. I’ll probably giving him off tomorrow regardless. I still have a lot of confidence in him.
“I went up to him after the game, I said, ‘Henry, you’re my man. I still got a lot of confidence in you.’ That’s the first time he’s actually been wild.”
This after Rodriguez came in with a three-run lead in the ninth, only to get yanked after walking the bases full. Sean Burnett put out the fire, though, inducing a weak comebacker which led to the game-ending double play.
Can’t help but think that this can’t go much longer. It’s hard to yank Rodriguez given his amazing stuff, but if he doesn’t know where it’s going, it can’t be long before Davey gives Craig Stammen or Ryan Matheus or someone else a chance.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 15
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 23
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 79
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)