May 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
“I still have utmost confidence in Henry,” Johnson said after the game. “That was his third day in a row going and he threw a lot of pitches. I’ll probably giving him off tomorrow regardless. I still have a lot of confidence in him.
“I went up to him after the game, I said, ‘Henry, you’re my man. I still got a lot of confidence in you.’ That’s the first time he’s actually been wild.”
This after Rodriguez came in with a three-run lead in the ninth, only to get yanked after walking the bases full. Sean Burnett put out the fire, though, inducing a weak comebacker which led to the game-ending double play.
Can’t help but think that this can’t go much longer. It’s hard to yank Rodriguez given his amazing stuff, but if he doesn’t know where it’s going, it can’t be long before Davey gives Craig Stammen or Ryan Matheus or someone else a chance.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)