May 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“I still have utmost confidence in Henry,” Johnson said after the game. “That was his third day in a row going and he threw a lot of pitches. I’ll probably giving him off tomorrow regardless. I still have a lot of confidence in him.
“I went up to him after the game, I said, ‘Henry, you’re my man. I still got a lot of confidence in you.’ That’s the first time he’s actually been wild.”
This after Rodriguez came in with a three-run lead in the ninth, only to get yanked after walking the bases full. Sean Burnett put out the fire, though, inducing a weak comebacker which led to the game-ending double play.
Can’t help but think that this can’t go much longer. It’s hard to yank Rodriguez given his amazing stuff, but if he doesn’t know where it’s going, it can’t be long before Davey gives Craig Stammen or Ryan Matheus or someone else a chance.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 18
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)