May 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
“I still have utmost confidence in Henry,” Johnson said after the game. “That was his third day in a row going and he threw a lot of pitches. I’ll probably giving him off tomorrow regardless. I still have a lot of confidence in him.
“I went up to him after the game, I said, ‘Henry, you’re my man. I still got a lot of confidence in you.’ That’s the first time he’s actually been wild.”
This after Rodriguez came in with a three-run lead in the ninth, only to get yanked after walking the bases full. Sean Burnett put out the fire, though, inducing a weak comebacker which led to the game-ending double play.
Can’t help but think that this can’t go much longer. It’s hard to yank Rodriguez given his amazing stuff, but if he doesn’t know where it’s going, it can’t be long before Davey gives Craig Stammen or Ryan Matheus or someone else a chance.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)