May 15, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Jon Jay has played (and played well) through shoulder pain since running into the outfield wall on April 19, hitting .339 in 16 games, but Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that the Cardinals center fielder is headed to the disabled list.
Carlos Beltran is also out of St. Louis’ lineup today for the second straight game because of a knee injury, so suddenly the Cardinals’ outfield is very thin.
Jay has hit .343 with two homers and an .833 OPS in 27 games overall this season to emerge as one of the league’s most underrated all-around center fielders at age 27.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner