May 15, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Hamilton already has 30,000 followers in about 24 hours, even though his account has yet to be verified. He did confirm that it was his, though. He said it would be managed by his representatives, but that he would tweet himself on occasion.
Regardless of the content of his tweets, Hamilton seems assured of quickly becoming one of the most followed baseball players on twitter. Frankly, though, we doubt he’ll be half as interesting as Brandon McCarthy.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)