May 15, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Hamilton already has 30,000 followers in about 24 hours, even though his account has yet to be verified. He did confirm that it was his, though. He said it would be managed by his representatives, but that he would tweet himself on occasion.
Regardless of the content of his tweets, Hamilton seems assured of quickly becoming one of the most followed baseball players on twitter. Frankly, though, we doubt he’ll be half as interesting as Brandon McCarthy.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)