May 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
It kind of got lost in the shuffle amid Matt Kemp being placed on the disabled list, but the Dodgers have also put Juan Uribe on the shelf with the wrist injury that has plagued him for the past month.
Uribe was hitting just .250 with one homer and a .640 OPS in 25 games and has been a huge (and mostly predictable) flop since signing with the Dodgers last offseason for $21 million. Normally the Dodgers would be better off with Jerry Hairston Jr. taking over as their primary third baseman anyway, but he’s on the DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
That leaves veteran Adam Kennedy, Triple-A call-up Elian Herrera, and Justin Sellers to divvy up playing time at third base, with Kennedy drawing the first two post-Uribe starts despite being 36 years old and not cracking a .700 OPS since 2009.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)