May 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
It kind of got lost in the shuffle amid Matt Kemp being placed on the disabled list, but the Dodgers have also put Juan Uribe on the shelf with the wrist injury that has plagued him for the past month.
Uribe was hitting just .250 with one homer and a .640 OPS in 25 games and has been a huge (and mostly predictable) flop since signing with the Dodgers last offseason for $21 million. Normally the Dodgers would be better off with Jerry Hairston Jr. taking over as their primary third baseman anyway, but he’s on the DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
That leaves veteran Adam Kennedy, Triple-A call-up Elian Herrera, and Justin Sellers to divvy up playing time at third base, with Kennedy drawing the first two post-Uribe starts despite being 36 years old and not cracking a .700 OPS since 2009.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)