May 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
It kind of got lost in the shuffle amid Matt Kemp being placed on the disabled list, but the Dodgers have also put Juan Uribe on the shelf with the wrist injury that has plagued him for the past month.
Uribe was hitting just .250 with one homer and a .640 OPS in 25 games and has been a huge (and mostly predictable) flop since signing with the Dodgers last offseason for $21 million. Normally the Dodgers would be better off with Jerry Hairston Jr. taking over as their primary third baseman anyway, but he’s on the DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
That leaves veteran Adam Kennedy, Triple-A call-up Elian Herrera, and Justin Sellers to divvy up playing time at third base, with Kennedy drawing the first two post-Uribe starts despite being 36 years old and not cracking a .700 OPS since 2009.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)