May 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
It kind of got lost in the shuffle amid Matt Kemp being placed on the disabled list, but the Dodgers have also put Juan Uribe on the shelf with the wrist injury that has plagued him for the past month.
Uribe was hitting just .250 with one homer and a .640 OPS in 25 games and has been a huge (and mostly predictable) flop since signing with the Dodgers last offseason for $21 million. Normally the Dodgers would be better off with Jerry Hairston Jr. taking over as their primary third baseman anyway, but he’s on the DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
That leaves veteran Adam Kennedy, Triple-A call-up Elian Herrera, and Justin Sellers to divvy up playing time at third base, with Kennedy drawing the first two post-Uribe starts despite being 36 years old and not cracking a .700 OPS since 2009.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)