May 15, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The worst-kept secret in baseball each year is where the following year’s All-Star Game will be held. People start reporting on it the year before that, for cryin’ out loud, and they’re always right.
This year’s poorly-kept secret: that the 2013 All-Star Game will be at Citi Field. The official announcement comes tomorrow. It will be the first time the All-Star Game was played in the Mets’ home park since 1964.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)