May 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
And now your entry for “least interesting news of the day: The Cubs have acquire lefty Hunter Cervenka from Boston as the player to be named later in the Marlon Byrd deal.
I’ve never heard of Cervenka. Guessing most people not related to him haven’t either. Heck, there are probably even some Cervenka cousins who are like “Hunter … is that aunt Mary’s son? I thought he played lacrosse.”
In any event. Cervenka is 22. He has a 5.97 ERA in four minor league season. This year he was 0-3 with 8.04 ERA in the Sally League. And if he turns into the next Pedro Martinez, won’t this post be funny?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)