May 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
And now your entry for “least interesting news of the day: The Cubs have acquire lefty Hunter Cervenka from Boston as the player to be named later in the Marlon Byrd deal.
I’ve never heard of Cervenka. Guessing most people not related to him haven’t either. Heck, there are probably even some Cervenka cousins who are like “Hunter … is that aunt Mary’s son? I thought he played lacrosse.”
In any event. Cervenka is 22. He has a 5.97 ERA in four minor league season. This year he was 0-3 with 8.04 ERA in the Sally League. And if he turns into the next Pedro Martinez, won’t this post be funny?
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47