May 15, 2012, 6:09 PM EST
A replacement wasn’t announced, but Kyle Kendrick is expected to get the ball. CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury reports that Joe Savery is likely to join the Phillies and could take Worley’s spot on the roster if Worley lands on the DL.
Worley, for his part, doesn’t believe the elbow injury is serious, but it apparently has been bothering him for some time. The 24-year-old righty is 3-2 with a 3.07 ERA in seven starts this season. He’s struck out 45 batters in 44 innings.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)