May 15, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
A replacement wasn’t announced, but Kyle Kendrick is expected to get the ball. CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury reports that Joe Savery is likely to join the Phillies and could take Worley’s spot on the roster if Worley lands on the DL.
Worley, for his part, doesn’t believe the elbow injury is serious, but it apparently has been bothering him for some time. The 24-year-old righty is 3-2 with a 3.07 ERA in seven starts this season. He’s struck out 45 batters in 44 innings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (103)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)