May 15, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
A replacement wasn’t announced, but Kyle Kendrick is expected to get the ball. CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury reports that Joe Savery is likely to join the Phillies and could take Worley’s spot on the roster if Worley lands on the DL.
Worley, for his part, doesn’t believe the elbow injury is serious, but it apparently has been bothering him for some time. The 24-year-old righty is 3-2 with a 3.07 ERA in seven starts this season. He’s struck out 45 batters in 44 innings.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)