May 15, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
A replacement wasn’t announced, but Kyle Kendrick is expected to get the ball. CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury reports that Joe Savery is likely to join the Phillies and could take Worley’s spot on the roster if Worley lands on the DL.
Worley, for his part, doesn’t believe the elbow injury is serious, but it apparently has been bothering him for some time. The 24-year-old righty is 3-2 with a 3.07 ERA in seven starts this season. He’s struck out 45 batters in 44 innings.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)