May 15, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Crain has been out since April 21 with a strained oblique muscle, but was pitching well before getting hurt and made a pair of scoreless minor-league rehab appearances over the weekend.
He’ll likely be worked back into the bullpen mix slowly, but if rookie Addison Reed struggles it wouldn’t be shocking to see manager Robin Ventura give Crain a look in the ninth inning at some point.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)