May 16, 2012, 9:15 PM EST
Here’s some positive health news out of Boston.
Bailey has been sidelined since the final week of spring training with a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb. That injury eventually required surgery, which came with a recovery timetable of 3-4 months.
If all goes well, Bailey should be ready to join the back end of the Boston ‘pen before the All-Star break.
The 27-year-old closer owns a sparkling 2.07 career ERA and 0.95 career WHIP in 174 big-league innings.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)