May 16, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Here’s some positive health news out of Boston.
Bailey has been sidelined since the final week of spring training with a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb. That injury eventually required surgery, which came with a recovery timetable of 3-4 months.
If all goes well, Bailey should be ready to join the back end of the Boston ‘pen before the All-Star break.
The 27-year-old closer owns a sparkling 2.07 career ERA and 0.95 career WHIP in 174 big-league innings.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)