May 16, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Here’s some positive health news out of Boston.
Bailey has been sidelined since the final week of spring training with a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb. That injury eventually required surgery, which came with a recovery timetable of 3-4 months.
If all goes well, Bailey should be ready to join the back end of the Boston ‘pen before the All-Star break.
The 27-year-old closer owns a sparkling 2.07 career ERA and 0.95 career WHIP in 174 big-league innings.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 2
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 24
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)