May 16, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Here’s some positive health news out of Boston.
Bailey has been sidelined since the final week of spring training with a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb. That injury eventually required surgery, which came with a recovery timetable of 3-4 months.
If all goes well, Bailey should be ready to join the back end of the Boston ‘pen before the All-Star break.
The 27-year-old closer owns a sparkling 2.07 career ERA and 0.95 career WHIP in 174 big-league innings.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'