May 16, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Jackson is being called “day-to-day.” He’s likely to sit out of Thursday’s matinee with Minnesota but shouldn’t require a stint on the disabled list.
The 25-year-old center fielder was 2-for-3 with two runs scored and an RBI before departing. He’s now batting .331/.414/.544 with five home runs, 29 runs scored and 17 RBI in 36 games this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 89
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)