May 16, 2012, 3:47 PM EST
Matt Kemp, Juan Rivera, Juan Uribe, and Jerry Hairston Jr. are on the disabled list and A.J. Ellis, James Loney, Dee Gordon, and Mark Ellis are getting the night off, so the Dodgers’ lineup versus left-hander Clayton Richard and the Padres is really, really ugly:
Gwynn and his .320 career on-base percentage are leading off, Abreu is hitting third a week after being released by the Angels, Herrera batting second and Sands batting fifth were just called up from the minors, and aside from Ethier the lineup as a whole looks a lot more like a third-place Triple-A team than a first-place MLB team.
And because baseball is baseball, they’ll probably score 10 runs tonight.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)