May 16, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran was named Player of the Week in the National League on Monday after batting .360 with six home runs, 13 RBI and 30 total bases between May 6 and May 13.
But he hasn’t started a game since that announcement and is out of the Cardinals’ starting lineup again on Wednesday night due to lingering soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee.
This according to FOX Sports Midwest on Twitter.
Allen Craig will play right field and bat cleanup behind Matt Holliday as the Cards open a two-game series with the Giants in San Francisco. Beltran has a 1.054 OPS, 13 homers and 32 RBI in 35 games this year for St. Louis. He told reporters that he’s hoping to return to face his former team on Thursday afternoon.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)