May 16, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran was named Player of the Week in the National League on Monday after batting .360 with six home runs, 13 RBI and 30 total bases between May 6 and May 13.
But he hasn’t started a game since that announcement and is out of the Cardinals’ starting lineup again on Wednesday night due to lingering soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee.
This according to FOX Sports Midwest on Twitter.
Allen Craig will play right field and bat cleanup behind Matt Holliday as the Cards open a two-game series with the Giants in San Francisco. Beltran has a 1.054 OPS, 13 homers and 32 RBI in 35 games this year for St. Louis. He told reporters that he’s hoping to return to face his former team on Thursday afternoon.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)