May 16, 2012, 7:23 PM EST
Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran was named Player of the Week in the National League on Monday after batting .360 with six home runs, 13 RBI and 30 total bases between May 6 and May 13.
But he hasn’t started a game since that announcement and is out of the Cardinals’ starting lineup again on Wednesday night due to lingering soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee.
This according to FOX Sports Midwest on Twitter.
Allen Craig will play right field and bat cleanup behind Matt Holliday as the Cards open a two-game series with the Giants in San Francisco. Beltran has a 1.054 OPS, 13 homers and 32 RBI in 35 games this year for St. Louis. He told reporters that he’s hoping to return to face his former team on Thursday afternoon.
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 0
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)