May 16, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran was named Player of the Week in the National League on Monday after batting .360 with six home runs, 13 RBI and 30 total bases between May 6 and May 13.
But he hasn’t started a game since that announcement and is out of the Cardinals’ starting lineup again on Wednesday night due to lingering soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee.
This according to FOX Sports Midwest on Twitter.
Allen Craig will play right field and bat cleanup behind Matt Holliday as the Cards open a two-game series with the Giants in San Francisco. Beltran has a 1.054 OPS, 13 homers and 32 RBI in 35 games this year for St. Louis. He told reporters that he’s hoping to return to face his former team on Thursday afternoon.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 10
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 32
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)