May 16, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran was named Player of the Week in the National League on Monday after batting .360 with six home runs, 13 RBI and 30 total bases between May 6 and May 13.
But he hasn’t started a game since that announcement and is out of the Cardinals’ starting lineup again on Wednesday night due to lingering soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee.
This according to FOX Sports Midwest on Twitter.
Allen Craig will play right field and bat cleanup behind Matt Holliday as the Cards open a two-game series with the Giants in San Francisco. Beltran has a 1.054 OPS, 13 homers and 32 RBI in 35 games this year for St. Louis. He told reporters that he’s hoping to return to face his former team on Thursday afternoon.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 0
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)