May 16, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Heh, made you look.
It really happened, though. In the Venezuelan league — that’s a Spanish report translated by our friend Nick Collias — where Navegantes de Magallanes traded Montero to the Cardenales de Lara. And yes, talent aside, it’s a fair trade considering that it’s unlikely that Montero will actually be playing much winter ball going forward now that he’s got an established major league job.
Why yes, it is a very, very slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)