May 16, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Heh, made you look.
It really happened, though. In the Venezuelan league – that’s a Spanish report translated by our friend Nick Collias – where Navegantes de Magallanes traded Montero to the Cardenales de Lara. And yes, talent aside, it’s a fair trade considering that it’s unlikely that Montero will actually be playing much winter ball going forward now that he’s got an established major league job.
Why yes, it is a very, very slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 54
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)