May 16, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Heh, made you look.
It really happened, though. In the Venezuelan league — that’s a Spanish report translated by our friend Nick Collias — where Navegantes de Magallanes traded Montero to the Cardenales de Lara. And yes, talent aside, it’s a fair trade considering that it’s unlikely that Montero will actually be playing much winter ball going forward now that he’s got an established major league job.
Why yes, it is a very, very slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 75
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 41
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)