May 16, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Kyle Kendrick will step into Worley’s rotation spot beginning tonight versus the Cubs and the Phillies called up left-handed reliever Joe Savery to take his spot on the roster.
Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, and Cole Hamels understandably get all the attention, but Worley had picked up right where he left off last season with a 3.07 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio in 44 innings spread over seven starts. He’s thrown 189 total innings as a big leaguer, posting a 2.91 ERA and 176/65 K/BB ratio.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)