May 16, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Kyle Kendrick will step into Worley’s rotation spot beginning tonight versus the Cubs and the Phillies called up left-handed reliever Joe Savery to take his spot on the roster.
Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, and Cole Hamels understandably get all the attention, but Worley had picked up right where he left off last season with a 3.07 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio in 44 innings spread over seven starts. He’s thrown 189 total innings as a big leaguer, posting a 2.91 ERA and 176/65 K/BB ratio.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)