May 16, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Kyle Kendrick will step into Worley’s rotation spot beginning tonight versus the Cubs and the Phillies called up left-handed reliever Joe Savery to take his spot on the roster.
Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, and Cole Hamels understandably get all the attention, but Worley had picked up right where he left off last season with a 3.07 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio in 44 innings spread over seven starts. He’s thrown 189 total innings as a big leaguer, posting a 2.91 ERA and 176/65 K/BB ratio.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 0
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 14
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 14
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)