May 16, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Rolling Stone asked a bunch of rock stars what their favorite ballparks are. There are a lot of good answers. Two of the best come from Alice Cooper and George Thorogood, mostly because it shows you just how damn old they are. Cooper says “Briggs Stadium,” was his favorite. Thorogood says Connie Mack Park. The former last went by that name 52 years ago. The latter ceased hosting ballgames 42 years ago.
But the truly best comments come in the form of swipes at the teams these musicians hate. Like this one from Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie:
The new Yankee stadium is by far the worst I’ve been to. It might look like the old one from the outside, but inside it’s more like a gaudy, Long Island shopping mall than a ballpark. A classic example of what happens when people have too much money and very little taste. Plus, it tends to be full of Yankees fans.
But he does love where the Pirates play. So, you know, you can follow him into PNC Park.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 2
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 17
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)