May 16, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Rolling Stone asked a bunch of rock stars what their favorite ballparks are. There are a lot of good answers. Two of the best come from Alice Cooper and George Thorogood, mostly because it shows you just how damn old they are. Cooper says “Briggs Stadium,” was his favorite. Thorogood says Connie Mack Park. The former last went by that name 52 years ago. The latter ceased hosting ballgames 42 years ago.
But the truly best comments come in the form of swipes at the teams these musicians hate. Like this one from Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie:
The new Yankee stadium is by far the worst I’ve been to. It might look like the old one from the outside, but inside it’s more like a gaudy, Long Island shopping mall than a ballpark. A classic example of what happens when people have too much money and very little taste. Plus, it tends to be full of Yankees fans.
But he does love where the Pirates play. So, you know, you can follow him into PNC Park.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)