May 16, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Rolling Stone asked a bunch of rock stars what their favorite ballparks are. There are a lot of good answers. Two of the best come from Alice Cooper and George Thorogood, mostly because it shows you just how damn old they are. Cooper says “Briggs Stadium,” was his favorite. Thorogood says Connie Mack Park. The former last went by that name 52 years ago. The latter ceased hosting ballgames 42 years ago.
But the truly best comments come in the form of swipes at the teams these musicians hate. Like this one from Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie:
The new Yankee stadium is by far the worst I’ve been to. It might look like the old one from the outside, but inside it’s more like a gaudy, Long Island shopping mall than a ballpark. A classic example of what happens when people have too much money and very little taste. Plus, it tends to be full of Yankees fans.
But he does love where the Pirates play. So, you know, you can follow him into PNC Park.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)