May 16, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Rolling Stone asked a bunch of rock stars what their favorite ballparks are. There are a lot of good answers. Two of the best come from Alice Cooper and George Thorogood, mostly because it shows you just how damn old they are. Cooper says “Briggs Stadium,” was his favorite. Thorogood says Connie Mack Park. The former last went by that name 52 years ago. The latter ceased hosting ballgames 42 years ago.
But the truly best comments come in the form of swipes at the teams these musicians hate. Like this one from Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie:
The new Yankee stadium is by far the worst I’ve been to. It might look like the old one from the outside, but inside it’s more like a gaudy, Long Island shopping mall than a ballpark. A classic example of what happens when people have too much money and very little taste. Plus, it tends to be full of Yankees fans.
But he does love where the Pirates play. So, you know, you can follow him into PNC Park.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)