May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
UPDATE: It’s official now. Inge will be eligible to return from the DL on May 28.
Brandon Inge went from getting released by the Tigers following five years of sub par production to smacking four homers and driving in 17 runs in his first 11 games with the A’s, but now a groin injury has his resurgence on hold.
Inge remains on the active roster for now, but hasn’t played since Saturday and told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle last night that he expects to wind up on the disabled list: “Something has to give. I need to shut it down.”
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4