May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official now. Inge will be eligible to return from the DL on May 28.
Brandon Inge went from getting released by the Tigers following five years of sub par production to smacking four homers and driving in 17 runs in his first 11 games with the A’s, but now a groin injury has his resurgence on hold.
Inge remains on the active roster for now, but hasn’t played since Saturday and told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle last night that he expects to wind up on the disabled list: “Something has to give. I need to shut it down.”
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot