May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official now. Inge will be eligible to return from the DL on May 28.
Brandon Inge went from getting released by the Tigers following five years of sub par production to smacking four homers and driving in 17 runs in his first 11 games with the A’s, but now a groin injury has his resurgence on hold.
Inge remains on the active roster for now, but hasn’t played since Saturday and told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle last night that he expects to wind up on the disabled list: “Something has to give. I need to shut it down.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)