May 17, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
I suspect this has something to do with the personnel moves the Jays made today, making them better able to weather the temporary loss of Lawrie. Or, maybe, he just realized that he got off pretty good by losing only four games and figured that there was no point to an appeal. Certainly contrition and soul searching were not part of the process.
Now, my Blue Jays fan readers may once again proudly fill the comments section with “the ump should be suspended too” vitriol.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)