May 17, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
I suspect this has something to do with the personnel moves the Jays made today, making them better able to weather the temporary loss of Lawrie. Or, maybe, he just realized that he got off pretty good by losing only four games and figured that there was no point to an appeal. Certainly contrition and soul searching were not part of the process.
Now, my Blue Jays fan readers may once again proudly fill the comments section with “the ump should be suspended too” vitriol.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)