May 17, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
I suspect this has something to do with the personnel moves the Jays made today, making them better able to weather the temporary loss of Lawrie. Or, maybe, he just realized that he got off pretty good by losing only four games and figured that there was no point to an appeal. Certainly contrition and soul searching were not part of the process.
Now, my Blue Jays fan readers may once again proudly fill the comments section with “the ump should be suspended too” vitriol.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)