May 17, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
I suspect this has something to do with the personnel moves the Jays made today, making them better able to weather the temporary loss of Lawrie. Or, maybe, he just realized that he got off pretty good by losing only four games and figured that there was no point to an appeal. Certainly contrition and soul searching were not part of the process.
Now, my Blue Jays fan readers may once again proudly fill the comments section with “the ump should be suspended too” vitriol.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15