May 17, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
I suspect this has something to do with the personnel moves the Jays made today, making them better able to weather the temporary loss of Lawrie. Or, maybe, he just realized that he got off pretty good by losing only four games and figured that there was no point to an appeal. Certainly contrition and soul searching were not part of the process.
Now, my Blue Jays fan readers may once again proudly fill the comments section with “the ump should be suspended too” vitriol.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)