May 17, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
McCarthy is starting against the Rangers today and I’m not sure if his iPhone was much scouting help, but it turns out Hamilton is getting the day off. Oh well.
Actually, maybe it turns out that Siri can actually influence manager Ron Washington’s lineups. They should really make that into a new commercial starring Zooey Deschanel and Samuel L. Jackson. It beats ordering tomato soup, if nothing else.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)