May 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Baseball player that is. What they do with their bikini line is their own business.
The Blue Jays just announced that they have demoted the struggling Adam Lind to triple-A Las Vegas and have called up Yan Gomes to take his place. The Jays say that, once Gomes plays in the game, he’ll be the first Brazilian player to ever play in the majors, which is really cool.
Lind has been stinkin’ up the joint, batting .186/.273/.314. Gomes, 24, is on his second go-around at triple-A. He’s been tearing up the pea patch, batting .359/.391/.565. He’s mostly a catcher but has played a little first and third base and will likely DH a bit.
- There was a fire at Camden Yards 0
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 7
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 9
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)