May 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Baseball player that is. What they do with their bikini line is their own business.
The Blue Jays just announced that they have demoted the struggling Adam Lind to triple-A Las Vegas and have called up Yan Gomes to take his place. The Jays say that, once Gomes plays in the game, he’ll be the first Brazilian player to ever play in the majors, which is really cool.
Lind has been stinkin’ up the joint, batting .186/.273/.314. Gomes, 24, is on his second go-around at triple-A. He’s been tearing up the pea patch, batting .359/.391/.565. He’s mostly a catcher but has played a little first and third base and will likely DH a bit.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)