May 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Baseball player that is. What they do with their bikini line is their own business.
The Blue Jays just announced that they have demoted the struggling Adam Lind to triple-A Las Vegas and have called up Yan Gomes to take his place. The Jays say that, once Gomes plays in the game, he’ll be the first Brazilian player to ever play in the majors, which is really cool.
Lind has been stinkin’ up the joint, batting .186/.273/.314. Gomes, 24, is on his second go-around at triple-A. He’s been tearing up the pea patch, batting .359/.391/.565. He’s mostly a catcher but has played a little first and third base and will likely DH a bit.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)