May 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Baseball player that is. What they do with their bikini line is their own business.
The Blue Jays just announced that they have demoted the struggling Adam Lind to triple-A Las Vegas and have called up Yan Gomes to take his place. The Jays say that, once Gomes plays in the game, he’ll be the first Brazilian player to ever play in the majors, which is really cool.
Lind has been stinkin’ up the joint, batting .186/.273/.314. Gomes, 24, is on his second go-around at triple-A. He’s been tearing up the pea patch, batting .359/.391/.565. He’s mostly a catcher but has played a little first and third base and will likely DH a bit.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)