May 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Baseball player that is. What they do with their bikini line is their own business.
The Blue Jays just announced that they have demoted the struggling Adam Lind to triple-A Las Vegas and have called up Yan Gomes to take his place. The Jays say that, once Gomes plays in the game, he’ll be the first Brazilian player to ever play in the majors, which is really cool.
Lind has been stinkin’ up the joint, batting .186/.273/.314. Gomes, 24, is on his second go-around at triple-A. He’s been tearing up the pea patch, batting .359/.391/.565. He’s mostly a catcher but has played a little first and third base and will likely DH a bit.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)