May 17, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Torii Hunter, who was placed on the restricted list after learning that his 17-year-old son had been arrested on sexual assault charges, doesn’t plan to rejoin the Angels until things are settled with the case.
That’s according to his son’s attorney, Todd Shapiro, who told Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times that Hunter will remain home until “this matter is resolved or under control.”
Shapiro is optimistic about a quick resolution to the case. He said that the girl allegedly assaulted has recanted her accusation in a phone call that was unknowingly taped by a Hunter family friend. Being that the charges and the call happened in Texas, the call could be recorded without her permission.
17-year-old Darius McClinton-Hunter is currently free on bond following his arrest Monday. Shapiro has maintained that his client is innocent of the accusations.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)