May 17, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Even when the Twins pick up a rare win they still end up losing.
Blackburn admitted afterward that he was in a ton of pain during his pregame bullpen session, but chose to keep that from manager Ron Gardenhire and went on to allow six runs in two innings as his ERA ballooned to 8.37. And since his 2010 he now has a 5.31 ERA in 343 innings overall.
Minnesota also lost catcher/outfielder Ryan Doumit to a calf injury and initially announced that he would be placed on the DL, but further tests apparently have them convinced he can rejoin the lineup before 15 days. Instead they put Blackburn on the shelf and called up outfielder Ben Revere from Triple-A.
Joe Mauer will see more action behind the plate for however long Doumit is out and there should be plenty of outfield starts for Revere as well, although Twins fans should also prepare for a whole lot of Drew Butera and his historically inept bat at catcher.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 14
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 67
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)