May 17, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Even when the Twins pick up a rare win they still end up losing.
Blackburn admitted afterward that he was in a ton of pain during his pregame bullpen session, but chose to keep that from manager Ron Gardenhire and went on to allow six runs in two innings as his ERA ballooned to 8.37. And since his 2010 he now has a 5.31 ERA in 343 innings overall.
Minnesota also lost catcher/outfielder Ryan Doumit to a calf injury and initially announced that he would be placed on the DL, but further tests apparently have them convinced he can rejoin the lineup before 15 days. Instead they put Blackburn on the shelf and called up outfielder Ben Revere from Triple-A.
Joe Mauer will see more action behind the plate for however long Doumit is out and there should be plenty of outfield starts for Revere as well, although Twins fans should also prepare for a whole lot of Drew Butera and his historically inept bat at catcher.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 19
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 95
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)