May 18, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
After sitting out this week due to soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee and plantar fasciitis in his right foot, Carlos Beltran is back in the Cardinals’ starting lineup tonight against the Dodgers.
Beltran hasn’t started since Sunday, but his return appeared imminent after he was healthy enough to pinch-hit during yesterday’s game.
Beltran is off to a fantastic start this season with his new club, batting .293/.404/.642 with 13 homers, 32 RBI and a 1.046 OPS over 146 plate appearances. Even with his recent four-game absence, the 34-year-old outfielder ranks first in the National League in homers and second in RBI.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)