May 18, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
After sitting out this week due to soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee and plantar fasciitis in his right foot, Carlos Beltran is back in the Cardinals’ starting lineup tonight against the Dodgers.
Beltran hasn’t started since Sunday, but his return appeared imminent after he was healthy enough to pinch-hit during yesterday’s game.
Beltran is off to a fantastic start this season with his new club, batting .293/.404/.642 with 13 homers, 32 RBI and a 1.046 OPS over 146 plate appearances. Even with his recent four-game absence, the 34-year-old outfielder ranks first in the National League in homers and second in RBI.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)