May 18, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
After sitting out this week due to soreness in his surgically-repaired right knee and plantar fasciitis in his right foot, Carlos Beltran is back in the Cardinals’ starting lineup tonight against the Dodgers.
Beltran hasn’t started since Sunday, but his return appeared imminent after he was healthy enough to pinch-hit during yesterday’s game.
Beltran is off to a fantastic start this season with his new club, batting .293/.404/.642 with 13 homers, 32 RBI and a 1.046 OPS over 146 plate appearances. Even with his recent four-game absence, the 34-year-old outfielder ranks first in the National League in homers and second in RBI.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)