May 18, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Chris Young is back from the disabled list after the Diamondbacks center fielder missed the past 28 games with a partially torn shoulder ligament.
To make room for his return Arizona optioned rookie A.J. Pollock back to Triple-A after he hit just .229 with one homer and a .611 OPS in 20 games filling in for Young in center field.
Young went 4-for-15 (.267) during a brief minor-league rehab assignment and all four of his hits went for extra bases, including a grand slam Wednesday. He was off to an excellent start before the injury, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS in 11 games.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 6
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 31
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)