May 18, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
Chris Young is back from the disabled list after the Diamondbacks center fielder missed the past 28 games with a partially torn shoulder ligament.
To make room for his return Arizona optioned rookie A.J. Pollock back to Triple-A after he hit just .229 with one homer and a .611 OPS in 20 games filling in for Young in center field.
Young went 4-for-15 (.267) during a brief minor-league rehab assignment and all four of his hits went for extra bases, including a grand slam Wednesday. He was off to an excellent start before the injury, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS in 11 games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)