May 18, 2012, 3:49 PM EST
Chris Young is back from the disabled list after the Diamondbacks center fielder missed the past 28 games with a partially torn shoulder ligament.
To make room for his return Arizona optioned rookie A.J. Pollock back to Triple-A after he hit just .229 with one homer and a .611 OPS in 20 games filling in for Young in center field.
Young went 4-for-15 (.267) during a brief minor-league rehab assignment and all four of his hits went for extra bases, including a grand slam Wednesday. He was off to an excellent start before the injury, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS in 11 games.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)