May 18, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
Dusty Baker is going to use Ryan Ludwick as his designated hitter against the Yankees this weekend. This despite the fact that Ludwick is hitting terribly lately. Why, Dusty? Why are you using Ludwick?
“I know everybody wants me to play the guy who’s hot, but what happens when the guy who’s hot gets cold and the cold guy never gets lukewarm because he’s not playing?”
That was either the most insightful thing ever said or the most egregious case of double-talking horse hockey in recorded history. And really, I could go either way with it.
(hat tip to reader Metalhead65 for the quote. He may hate the Beastie Boys and he may think Rush should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but he found me a humdinger of a quote here)
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)