May 18, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Dusty Baker is going to use Ryan Ludwick as his designated hitter against the Yankees this weekend. This despite the fact that Ludwick is hitting terribly lately. Why, Dusty? Why are you using Ludwick?
“I know everybody wants me to play the guy who’s hot, but what happens when the guy who’s hot gets cold and the cold guy never gets lukewarm because he’s not playing?”
That was either the most insightful thing ever said or the most egregious case of double-talking horse hockey in recorded history. And really, I could go either way with it.
(hat tip to reader Metalhead65 for the quote. He may hate the Beastie Boys and he may think Rush should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but he found me a humdinger of a quote here)
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 4
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 49
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 85
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (86)