May 18, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Dusty Baker is going to use Ryan Ludwick as his designated hitter against the Yankees this weekend. This despite the fact that Ludwick is hitting terribly lately. Why, Dusty? Why are you using Ludwick?
“I know everybody wants me to play the guy who’s hot, but what happens when the guy who’s hot gets cold and the cold guy never gets lukewarm because he’s not playing?”
That was either the most insightful thing ever said or the most egregious case of double-talking horse hockey in recorded history. And really, I could go either way with it.
(hat tip to reader Metalhead65 for the quote. He may hate the Beastie Boys and he may think Rush should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but he found me a humdinger of a quote here)
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)