May 18, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
We’ll soon find out for sure, but in the meantime Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com writes to “expect the Giants to take a hard look at signing Hudson.”
San Diego is on the hook for his entire $5.5 million salary, along with his $2 million buyout for 2013.
Giants vice president Bobby Evans also revealed to Baggarly that they’ve “put out feelers” for potential infield help via trade after injuries wrecked the roster’s depth, so they may view Hudson as mostly a fallback option.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)