May 18, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
We’ll soon find out for sure, but in the meantime Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com writes to “expect the Giants to take a hard look at signing Hudson.”
San Diego is on the hook for his entire $5.5 million salary, along with his $2 million buyout for 2013.
Giants vice president Bobby Evans also revealed to Baggarly that they’ve “put out feelers” for potential infield help via trade after injuries wrecked the roster’s depth, so they may view Hudson as mostly a fallback option.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)