May 18, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Since this thing is lasting forever, I think that from now on I’ll just use this headline and a blockquote-only format to give you the gestalt of the thing.
Time, time, time … see what’s become of me …
The judge in the Roger Clemens perjury trial is imposing a time limit on all future witnesses in an effort to speed things up. U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton said Friday that each side will have no more than 90 minutes to question each witness unless the lawyers can make good cases to show they need an extension …
Chided by the judge on Thursday for what he called a confusing and mostly pointless cross-examination, Hardin finally turned, after 19 hours, to his central accusation …
The day before, out of earshot of the jury, the judge revealed that some jurors had wondered how long the trial will last.
“At this pace, I’ll guess we’ll be here forever,” Walton said.
A prosecutor said he expected to finish the case by the end of next week — or at the latest early the following week. He said the government had 14 more witnesses after McNamee.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)