May 18, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Lots of Roy Oswalt stuff today:
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Oswalt threw for the Phillies and Red Sox recently. He says Oswalt is throwing for two other teams — mystery teams! — too. Jon Heyman is saying that Oswalt expects to be back in the bigs within a month. His CBS colleague Scott Miller says that he wants to pitch by June, but “only for team with good chance at World Series.”
Meanwhile, Matt Gelb of the Philly Inquirer tweeted this in response to all of that:
Fair warning: Be extremely skeptical of any information leaked regarding Roy Oswalt.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 18, 2012
But … why? In response to a question from our old friend Halladay’s Biceps on Twitter, Gelb suggested that this could be Oswalt’s agent spreading baloney in an effort to drive up Oswalt’s price, saying “he has done it many times before.” Which, yes, I have heard too.
Roy Oswalt: a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped up in some camouflage pants and probably sitting in a field in Illinois or Texas or something right now, wondering where all of this noise is coming from.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 3
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)