May 18, 2012, 1:01 PM EST
Lots of Roy Oswalt stuff today:
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Oswalt threw for the Phillies and Red Sox recently. He says Oswalt is throwing for two other teams — mystery teams! — too. Jon Heyman is saying that Oswalt expects to be back in the bigs within a month. His CBS colleague Scott Miller says that he wants to pitch by June, but “only for team with good chance at World Series.”
Meanwhile, Matt Gelb of the Philly Inquirer tweeted this in response to all of that:
Fair warning: Be extremely skeptical of any information leaked regarding Roy Oswalt.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 18, 2012
But … why? In response to a question from our old friend Halladay’s Biceps on Twitter, Gelb suggested that this could be Oswalt’s agent spreading baloney in an effort to drive up Oswalt’s price, saying “he has done it many times before.” Which, yes, I have heard too.
Roy Oswalt: a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped up in some camouflage pants and probably sitting in a field in Illinois or Texas or something right now, wondering where all of this noise is coming from.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)