May 18, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Lots of Roy Oswalt stuff today:
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Oswalt threw for the Phillies and Red Sox recently. He says Oswalt is throwing for two other teams — mystery teams! — too. Jon Heyman is saying that Oswalt expects to be back in the bigs within a month. His CBS colleague Scott Miller says that he wants to pitch by June, but “only for team with good chance at World Series.”
Meanwhile, Matt Gelb of the Philly Inquirer tweeted this in response to all of that:
Fair warning: Be extremely skeptical of any information leaked regarding Roy Oswalt.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 18, 2012
But … why? In response to a question from our old friend Halladay’s Biceps on Twitter, Gelb suggested that this could be Oswalt’s agent spreading baloney in an effort to drive up Oswalt’s price, saying “he has done it many times before.” Which, yes, I have heard too.
Roy Oswalt: a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped up in some camouflage pants and probably sitting in a field in Illinois or Texas or something right now, wondering where all of this noise is coming from.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106