May 19, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
David Wright is out of this afternoon’s lineup against the Blue Jays as he deals with an illness. Justin Turner will start in his place at the hot corner and bat sixth against right-hander Brandon Morrow.
The Mets are playing 20 games in 20 days, so the day off was already scheduled, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright is feeling worse today than he did yesterday. He is available to pinch-hit, but Mets manager Terry Collins suggested that Wright could also be held out of the starting lineup tomorrow.
Wright went 1-for-3 with a double in last night’s blowout loss and still leads the majors with a .409 batting average and .510 on-base percentage.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)