May 19, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
David Wright is out of this afternoon’s lineup against the Blue Jays as he deals with an illness. Justin Turner will start in his place at the hot corner and bat sixth against right-hander Brandon Morrow.
The Mets are playing 20 games in 20 days, so the day off was already scheduled, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright is feeling worse today than he did yesterday. He is available to pinch-hit, but Mets manager Terry Collins suggested that Wright could also be held out of the starting lineup tomorrow.
Wright went 1-for-3 with a double in last night’s blowout loss and still leads the majors with a .409 batting average and .510 on-base percentage.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)