May 19, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
David Wright is out of this afternoon’s lineup against the Blue Jays as he deals with an illness. Justin Turner will start in his place at the hot corner and bat sixth against right-hander Brandon Morrow.
The Mets are playing 20 games in 20 days, so the day off was already scheduled, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright is feeling worse today than he did yesterday. He is available to pinch-hit, but Mets manager Terry Collins suggested that Wright could also be held out of the starting lineup tomorrow.
Wright went 1-for-3 with a double in last night’s blowout loss and still leads the majors with a .409 batting average and .510 on-base percentage.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)