May 19, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
David Wright is out of this afternoon’s lineup against the Blue Jays as he deals with an illness. Justin Turner will start in his place at the hot corner and bat sixth against right-hander Brandon Morrow.
The Mets are playing 20 games in 20 days, so the day off was already scheduled, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright is feeling worse today than he did yesterday. He is available to pinch-hit, but Mets manager Terry Collins suggested that Wright could also be held out of the starting lineup tomorrow.
Wright went 1-for-3 with a double in last night’s blowout loss and still leads the majors with a .409 batting average and .510 on-base percentage.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)