May 19, 2012, 12:37 PM EST
David Wright is out of this afternoon’s lineup against the Blue Jays as he deals with an illness. Justin Turner will start in his place at the hot corner and bat sixth against right-hander Brandon Morrow.
The Mets are playing 20 games in 20 days, so the day off was already scheduled, but Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright is feeling worse today than he did yesterday. He is available to pinch-hit, but Mets manager Terry Collins suggested that Wright could also be held out of the starting lineup tomorrow.
Wright went 1-for-3 with a double in last night’s blowout loss and still leads the majors with a .409 batting average and .510 on-base percentage.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (296)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)