May 19, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman provides the insight:
There is no timetable for injured veteran third baseman Scott Rolen‘s return to the Reds, and there seems to be an uncertainty now whether he will be able to make it back at all.
“I really don’t know” is how Reds manager Dusty Baker responded when asked Saturday about Rolen’s status.
The 37-year-old has battled shoulder issues since his early-30s and was struggling to the tune of a .174/.238/.304 batting line through 101 plate appearances this season. His 17-year career might be over.
Todd Frazier has taken over at the hot corner in Cincinnati. He has a cool .916 OPS in 20 games.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination