May 19, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman provides the insight:
There is no timetable for injured veteran third baseman Scott Rolen‘s return to the Reds, and there seems to be an uncertainty now whether he will be able to make it back at all.
“I really don’t know” is how Reds manager Dusty Baker responded when asked Saturday about Rolen’s status.
The 37-year-old has battled shoulder issues since his early-30s and was struggling to the tune of a .174/.238/.304 batting line through 101 plate appearances this season. His 17-year career might be over.
Todd Frazier has taken over at the hot corner in Cincinnati. He has a cool .916 OPS in 20 games.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)