May 19, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman provides the insight:
There is no timetable for injured veteran third baseman Scott Rolen‘s return to the Reds, and there seems to be an uncertainty now whether he will be able to make it back at all.
“I really don’t know” is how Reds manager Dusty Baker responded when asked Saturday about Rolen’s status.
The 37-year-old has battled shoulder issues since his early-30s and was struggling to the tune of a .174/.238/.304 batting line through 101 plate appearances this season. His 17-year career might be over.
Todd Frazier has taken over at the hot corner in Cincinnati. He has a cool .916 OPS in 20 games.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 37
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 95
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (97)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)