May 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
A’s right-hander Brandon McCarthy was scratched from a scheduled outing earlier this month due to right shoulder discomfort. He’s made two starts since then, including a 10-strikeout gem against the Tigers, but that shoulder issue is still barking.
The A’s threw McCarthy on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning, according to the club’s official Twitter feed, and recalled reliever Jim Miller from Triple-A Sacramento in a corresponding roster move.
McCarthy has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio across 58 innings (nine starts) this season for the 20-21 Athletics.
The 28-year-old missed a month of the 2011 campaign with a similar shoulder injury.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)