May 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
A’s right-hander Brandon McCarthy was scratched from a scheduled outing earlier this month due to right shoulder discomfort. He’s made two starts since then, including a 10-strikeout gem against the Tigers, but that shoulder issue is still barking.
The A’s threw McCarthy on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning, according to the club’s official Twitter feed, and recalled reliever Jim Miller from Triple-A Sacramento in a corresponding roster move.
McCarthy has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio across 58 innings (nine starts) this season for the 20-21 Athletics.
The 28-year-old missed a month of the 2011 campaign with a similar shoulder injury.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 11
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)