May 20, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
A’s right-hander Brandon McCarthy was scratched from a scheduled outing earlier this month due to right shoulder discomfort. He’s made two starts since then, including a 10-strikeout gem against the Tigers, but that shoulder issue is still barking.
The A’s threw McCarthy on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning, according to the club’s official Twitter feed, and recalled reliever Jim Miller from Triple-A Sacramento in a corresponding roster move.
McCarthy has posted a stellar 2.95 ERA and 40/16 K/BB ratio across 58 innings (nine starts) this season for the 20-21 Athletics.
The 28-year-old missed a month of the 2011 campaign with a similar shoulder injury.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)