May 20, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Lucroy hit his third and fourth homers of the season and drove in a career-high seven runs as part of a 16-4 rout of Minnesota. His grand slam in the seventh was the first of his career.
The big game gave Lucroy the pretty remarkable total of 27 RBI in 37 games this season. He drove in a total of 26 runs in 75 games as a rookie in 2010, and he finished with 59 RBI in 136 games last year.
It also means two of the four seven-RBI days by major leaguers this season have come from National League catchers. Philadelphia’s Carlos Ruiz also knocked in seven runs against the Braves on May 2. Carlos Beltran and Josh Hamilton (eight RBI on his four-homer day) have also had seven-RBI games.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead