May 20, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Lucroy hit his third and fourth homers of the season and drove in a career-high seven runs as part of a 16-4 rout of Minnesota. His grand slam in the seventh was the first of his career.
The big game gave Lucroy the pretty remarkable total of 27 RBI in 37 games this season. He drove in a total of 26 runs in 75 games as a rookie in 2010, and he finished with 59 RBI in 136 games last year.
It also means two of the four seven-RBI days by major leaguers this season have come from National League catchers. Philadelphia’s Carlos Ruiz also knocked in seven runs against the Braves on May 2. Carlos Beltran and Josh Hamilton (eight RBI on his four-homer day) have also had seven-RBI games.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11