May 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EST
Schafer suffered the injury Saturday after running into teammate Justin Maxwell while trying to run down a David Murphy line drive. The ball got past both of them and resulted in an inside-the-park home run.
Schafer, 25, was 0-for-1 with a strikeout before exiting Saturday’s game, a 6-5 win over Texas.
He’s hitting .251/.331/.341 with two homers, 11 RBI and 13 steals in 38 games this season. Maxwell is playing center field in Sunday’s series finale against the Rangers. Brian Bogusevic is starting in right.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)