May 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Schafer suffered the injury Saturday after running into teammate Justin Maxwell while trying to run down a David Murphy line drive. The ball got past both of them and resulted in an inside-the-park home run.
Schafer, 25, was 0-for-1 with a strikeout before exiting Saturday’s game, a 6-5 win over Texas.
He’s hitting .251/.331/.341 with two homers, 11 RBI and 13 steals in 38 games this season. Maxwell is playing center field in Sunday’s series finale against the Rangers. Brian Bogusevic is starting in right.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)