May 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Schafer suffered the injury Saturday after running into teammate Justin Maxwell while trying to run down a David Murphy line drive. The ball got past both of them and resulted in an inside-the-park home run.
Schafer, 25, was 0-for-1 with a strikeout before exiting Saturday’s game, a 6-5 win over Texas.
He’s hitting .251/.331/.341 with two homers, 11 RBI and 13 steals in 38 games this season. Maxwell is playing center field in Sunday’s series finale against the Rangers. Brian Bogusevic is starting in right.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 122
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (135)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)