May 20, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Chris Coghlan was recalled from Triple-A New Orleans in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Bonifacio suffered the injury Friday night while trying to steal a base. An MRI taken Saturday ruled out structural damage, so he should be ready to return to the Fish soon after he’s eligible for activation.
The 27-year-old was batting .268/.351/.315 with a league-leading 20 stolen bases through 170 plate appearances this season.
Miami is 21-19, which ranks third in the National League East. Every team in that division is above .500.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)