May 20, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
The Orioles picked up their fifth consecutive victory on Saturday night, besting the regional-rival Nationals by a score of 6-5 in front of the second-largest crowd in the short history of Nationals Park.
Orioles center fielder Adam Jones led the way, blasting his 14th home run of the season while collecting his 28th and 29th RBI. He now has a .975 OPS and a .310 batting average in 41 games played.
Baltimore is currently 27-14, good enough for a two-game lead in the wacky American League East.
Your Saturday box scores:
Twins 5, Brewers 4 (11 innings)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)