May 20, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
The Orioles picked up their fifth consecutive victory on Saturday night, besting the regional-rival Nationals by a score of 6-5 in front of the second-largest crowd in the short history of Nationals Park.
Orioles center fielder Adam Jones led the way, blasting his 14th home run of the season while collecting his 28th and 29th RBI. He now has a .975 OPS and a .310 batting average in 41 games played.
Baltimore is currently 27-14, good enough for a two-game lead in the wacky American League East.
Your Saturday box scores:
Twins 5, Brewers 4 (11 innings)
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)