May 20, 2012, 8:24 AM EST
The Orioles picked up their fifth consecutive victory on Saturday night, besting the regional-rival Nationals by a score of 6-5 in front of the second-largest crowd in the short history of Nationals Park.
Orioles center fielder Adam Jones led the way, blasting his 14th home run of the season while collecting his 28th and 29th RBI. He now has a .975 OPS and a .310 batting average in 41 games played.
Baltimore is currently 27-14, good enough for a two-game lead in the wacky American League East.
Your Saturday box scores:
Twins 5, Brewers 4 (11 innings)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)