May 20, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
The Orioles picked up their fifth consecutive victory on Saturday night, besting the regional-rival Nationals by a score of 6-5 in front of the second-largest crowd in the short history of Nationals Park.
Orioles center fielder Adam Jones led the way, blasting his 14th home run of the season while collecting his 28th and 29th RBI. He now has a .975 OPS and a .310 batting average in 41 games played.
Baltimore is currently 27-14, good enough for a two-game lead in the wacky American League East.
Your Saturday box scores:
Twins 5, Brewers 4 (11 innings)
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)